Monday, January 24, 2011

Worst Symptoms of Anxiety

Ok maybe I am a little weird. My unique symptoms of anxiety are not something I talk about too often.

I have had issues with fear and panic my whole life at least from adolescense onwards. It is embarassing to me that I have this condition. I have always tried to hide it from others as best as I could, but recently I realized there is no point in doing this for several reasons:

  1. most people could tell anyway
  2. most people really didn't care about it too much
  3. trying to hide it just made it worse - made me more anxious!

But I do still have a little secret that I am about to reveal.

In addition to the typical symptoms of anxiety like heart racing, feeling like you are about to vomit, breathing too fast, and even sometimes having chest pains I have these other symptoms of anxiety that I really hate.

They are:

  • blushing - my cheeks turn fire engine red and stay that way for hours
  • trembling - shaky hands, jittering limbs
  • sweating - yes the slimy handshake is coming your way!
  • stuttering - this also happens occassionally
  • mental block - my mind sometimes just goes blank and I can't think of what to say

Ok those ones are bad enough, but I have another far worse more horrifying symptom of anxiety that I really really hate.

Ready? Not you - I am getting myself ready to reveal this - it's nasty.

I hate to admit this but when I am anxious I suffer from gas of all kinds - burping, hiccups and worse.

Ok this is an open invitation - share your worse and most dreaded symptoms of anxiety that plague you by writing a comment below. Maybe you will help others know they are not alone!

2 comments:

  1. Dude i'm totaly feeling everything you are... i'm online right now just going insane... i feel like i'm dying x.x
    But then it just goes away like nothing ever happened... fucking hate it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so informative and makes a very nice image on the topic in my mind. It is the first time I visit your blog, but I was extremely impressed. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday!

    Natural anxiety medication

    ReplyDelete