Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chamomile Tea My Sweet Herbal Remedy!




You may remember that I am experimenting with herbal remedies and anti anxiety herb treatments - in a very small way. I am a cautious person afterall!

My initial venture into the world of herbal remedies begins with chamomile tea.

I am normally a coffee person and love to have at least 3 extra large coffees before 9 am. (someone recently dared to suggest that this might be giving me the jitters - pah!)


Instead, today I have my fingers wrapped around a warm steaming cup of fragrant chamomile tea.

It is very pleasant sitting here looking out the window on this cold winter day with a mug of sweet smelling herbal tea.

Although it has only been a few days I am starting to notice the difference.

The first day was not great. I had headache , but I have heard that is a common symptom of caffeine withdrawal.

But with each successive day I have been feeling not as much on edge. Truly, I am not sure if this is due to the positive effects of chamomile tea or from quitting coffee. Or both?

My anxiety is most definitely not totally cured by just stopping coffee and drinking herbal tea!


But this seems to be a step in the right direction.

And it feels very nice!

1 comment: